Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tuggs

It's been awhile since we've had a chance to try a new to us restaurant, so that is why there has been a lack of posting.

We ate at Tuggs on the river in NE Minneapolis this past weekend. It was a place we could get 20% off of our order because of attending the nearby Segway tour. This was not our first place choice to go, but we had to go with the group, therefore, we ended up here.

I have nothing terribly nice to say about Tuggs. They have a number of lemonades, both alcoholic and non, on their menu so I'm assuming that's kind of their big deal. I enjoyed the lemonade I chose for myself - Prairie Dog Lemonade with vodka and light beer mixed in. It was kind of like a shandy and being that it was a bit of a warm day, it was tasty. Nate had a basic vodka and lemonade that he said was good. Then he had a bloody mary that he said was not so good.

We both wanted something light as we had plans to go to dinner later and we arrived at Tuggs around 1:30. Unfortunately Tuggs has a very small menu to begin with and definitely not much in the way of light fare. I selected chicken fingers and Nate picked buffalo wings.

The chicken was dry, I did not care for the breading. It had barbeque sauce that was nothing to write home about. Nate's buffalo wings were not very spicy and pretty much "so-so".

Honestly, it was nice to get 20% off of our tab, but this was not someplace I would choose to go again. I don't think that it's a place you really "go for the food" but it would be nice if the offerings were a bit more flavorful!

1 comments:

Jes said...

I was photographing a wedding once where the wedding party stopped there for a drink before the reception. Now that I think about it more, I don't remember seeing anyone eating, and the wedding party was all drinking lemonade drinks of some type. This makes so much more sense now!